- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 2 Large eggs
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- oil for deep frying
How to make the Cannariculi:
- Make a well in flour in mixing bowl or on work surface.
- Add wine, eggs, sugar, and salt.
- Mix well, until thoroughly blended.
- Knead dough vigorously until smooth and glossy.
- If using processor, continue mixing for at least 1 minutes after ingredients are combined.
- Roll dough to an 1/8″ thickness or less.
- Cut dough into 2″ squares, starting with 1 corner, roll each square of dough loosely on
- the diagonal to form pastry roll about the thickness of a pencil.
- Meanwhile, heat oil for deep frying.
- Fry pastries by batches in hot oil until golden brown, being careful not to crowd pan.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove fried pastries from oil.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer to serving platter.
- Drizzle honey over top or dip Cannariculi into honey.
Regional recipe from Calabria.